Monday 22 March 2010

Week end 21/03/10

Another good week in the pool with a little more bike work and I am feeling more and more confident about the coming year. Despite a couple of twinges in the shoulder causing a bit of an ease down in the pool at the beginning of the week and a bit of a 48hr cold (head cold only thankfully so trained through apart from Monday morning where I rested shoulder and head).

The most positive aspect of the week was a 'steady' bike after a heavy training session on Sat morning. I was a little worried about the bike and how my ankle would be effected. I had only had a couple of bike sessions prior to this one including a brick session at HPU but had not done any sustained sessions.

Despite my ankle still being very stiff after the opp the bike session was very positive, I managed a few efforts on the way round and we (Andy Atthowe - who is recovering from a knee injury) had a positive session.

Really looking forward to a harder session next week and must (i must) get out for another session mid week if possible (or at least a turbo set) now my ankle is strong enough.

Been working on ankle flex at work (under desk) and I think this has helped a lot in the pool with my good ankle almost where I want it to be - must remember to be patient with the scar tissue on the left/stiff ankle!!! I reckon i can save a second or so per 50 if my left ankle wasn't just a big parachute at the moment!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.