Friday 21 May 2010

Overtraining? well maybe, I haven't had time to think about!

Now I don't know much about overtraining, I tick all the boxes (or did last week), I had a cold (which is lingering) and felt pretty run down but now feel much better.

If you have been overtraining, can you still do easy conditioning work, how long do you take off, can you train but cut down the hrs or intensity or both?

Since the GEAR 10k run training has been intermittant to say the least, although I had a solid week, it was technically a rest week with the Alton 10k at the end (where I came in 9th with a solid first 5k, as with GEAR the week before). I am not far off the pace and as this event was much harder than the flat Kings lynn race it definately gave a better idea of where my fitness currently is - not quite there!

I was due to do the Dereham 10m on the 16th May but my cold was in full swing and I had to stand on the side lines which is oh so frustrating!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.