Friday 15 October 2010

Yearly Summary...RACE and RECOVERY

I had hoped to medal at the Euro's and the Worlds this year but through various injuries and the time I have had away (along with other commitments) its been a pretty good year and better than I thought it was going to go when I had to pull out of my fist scheduled events (London Marathon and the Duathlons).

I am a firm believer in consistency being the groundworks for a successful season and feel my year has proved that. I have not had the consistency I wanted and the only time I performed in 2010 was after a steady period of training (Worthing).

Overall I improved my times, placed 2nd in National Ranking (AG) league by racing the highly competitive National events against some very quick guys in all agegroups (Colin Dixon and Tom Sturdy to name two).

I am disappointed to narrowly miss out on the Superseries races due to injury and, to be honest being not quite quick enough but I am hopeful that I will get in for 2011 and once I have had some time working on my run (P:B'd 5k time already in the off season) and my swim tech I am going to be competitive.

Ive just signed up for IM70.3 Mallorca as I think this could be a good distance going forward but really want a crack at the Olympic Elite racing before I go this way.

2011 will be an exciting year.........

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.