Monday 26 September 2011

Downtime

Two weeks off - harder than it may sound. Im knackered.

Owning a house or project as my Girlfriend calls it certainly demands a lots of attention (both of them before you ask). I knew that if I wanted to move things on that I was going to have to put some hours in, what I didnt realize was that it would take so much out of me..

Although I am still swimming in the evenings still (as I was just starting to get somewhere with the swimming I decided to keep this going but not to try and make the 4:30am starts for a couple of weeks just so I am getting some better quality rest)I am doing little else training wise apart from stretching and general upkeep, bit of mountainbiking and easy offroad running and I am starting to feel recharged.

I have almost planned my 2012 race calender and have pretty much finished writing a training schedule which I will detail (to a degree) on here.

As I am wanting to be involved in training/coaching I feel that if I cant write a schedule for myself why would someone else want me to write one for them??? so watch this space (I will be cheating a little and getting someone to have a look over but I am pretty confident that it is a solid and involving plan that will develop me over the next 12 months)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.