Sunday 2 October 2011

Update on the LG Vorttice :)

I had a great opportunity to test the LG on a number of occasions out in Vegas and have to confirm that I was very happy with it. I have read reviews that comment on it's large size but having a large noggin, my previous helmet was no insignificant addition so the size wasnt something that bothered me.

The first thing that was advantageous (although not race specific) was that the helmet allowed me to ride with a backpack due to it's cut-off design. Prior to this any attempt at carrying a bag and riding led to a sore neck by the time id got to my destination. So + 1 for the Vorttice.

I would always look to buy a white or light colored helmet to stop the chance of it heating up so the white helmet made little difference but is highly recommended if racing in warm climate.

The Airflow system on the Vorttice worked very well but more so at higher speeds. When you came to a stand still and stood around chatting the lack of airvents was more noticeable but this would be the same in any helmet.

The important thing was that it worked when I was riding and it was a great course for the lid. Whether a climbing course would offer the same opportunities is difficult to say but at the same time would you even consider an aero lid on a climbing and technical course with few chances to sit in and stay aero. So, for the task I took if for, the course I rode and the temperatures (42degress - almost as hot as the sun!) it was perfect and I would recommend it without hesitation.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.