Wednesday 14 March 2012

I should really be getting some sleep, but.....

Finding time to update your blog is quite an art, I am sitting here and know I need to keep the blog ticking over but also know I need to get to bed so I can get up in 6 and a half hours for a 2 hour swim session.......

So this is going to be quite short and to the point (hopefully - as I have a habit of rambling on...).

I have unfortunately been battling with one of those niggling little leg injuries that doesn't seem to be too bad and then just catches you out when your just not expecting it, for example pulling the wheely chair into my desk at work or trying to get up off the couch. The irony is that it doesnt seem to bad when training!

I have been playing with a Polar Cadence meter for a couple of rides and have discovered that I have a pretty low cadence so the focus (once I can put in some decent miles) is to work on that. Without a way of measuring accurately I was pretty much guessing at my cadence. It's a bit of kit that serves a specific need and Im going to enjoy using it along with the RCX5 Ive been using for a few months....but more on those later.

Ive had a second meeting with Mary Skelcher (Nutritionist) and I am making some good progress with some small changes. These have led to more energy and I definitely feel as though I am eating better. It's amazing, just by focusing on my diet it has also helped me keep an eye on fluid intake, I would advise anyone to make sure they are drinking enough.....Im feeling soooo much better!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.