Sunday 31 January 2010

Rehab

On Wednesday I went in for my final (hopefully) operation of the off season. I was hoping that I would get the Ankle Op and the Leg op done at around the same time but as ever, best laid plans of mice and men have meant that I have had a prolonged absence from training.

The procedure was the removal of loose bodies from my left ankle (I had the same operation prior to taking up triathlon 3 years ago with three bodies removed) - it looks like either further shards of bone had come loose or had been left in from last time, so second time lucky. I haven't seen the consultant yet but it looks promising and I should be back to swim training in two weeks. I will just have to wait and see if it has reduced the pain in my ankle long term.

At the moment I am very happy with the snow and general poor weather as this is stopping my competition from training while I can't train :) selfish but it's making a positive out of a negative situation - especially if I keep up the core work!

1 comment:

Alex Mckibben said...

Hope its all going well Matt, Im sure the mental toughness training is coming in handy!

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.