Tuesday 6 April 2010

Week End 04/04/10

With the extra time available at the end of the week due to the Easter break giving a few extra days for training, the week started with a solid swim set on Monday and a good gym session on Tuesday.

The week leading up to April the 1st is a very busy time at work and i knew that the extra working hrs I would need to put in would eat into training time. Missing training can be frustrating but as I knew that this was a potential problem this week I prepared and made allowances for possible missed training - lets call them rest days :)

The pool was due to be closed for the weekend due to the Easter meet so I had to make the most of the water time available on Wednesday and Thursday accumulating 6600m with dry-land work pre sessions.

I had been looking forward to a couple of full days train/rest/train and had arranged a few sessions with local T:EST athletes Andy Atthowe and Iain Dawson (for a Tandem session) towards the end of the week. Theses session included a windy 25m bike set with the aim of keeping a steady 20mph average on the winter bike. The different set up on old trusty would cause a little bit of discomfort with the left knee, this was compounded on Saturday as a change to my cleat and the set-up with a low seat on the Tandem caused more stress in the knee and we had to back off the pace/ power up some of the hills.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.