Tuesday 4 January 2011

Back in the swing of things

I had always planned to keep the training ticking over towards the end of the year and start building things up over the Christmas break with the intent on starting the training cycle (with a gap for NY Celebrations) on Boxing day.....best laid plans were sabotaged somewhat by a dose of a cold and all that comes with it over the only time off I had in December.....

Between this and the cold snap bringing conditions tailor made for turbo work the schedule was left a little in tatters, with core work taking the place of scheduled sessions (closed pools etc).

The New year has however bought with it a fresh outlook, clearer skies and more of a focus. The Swim Team has a new head coach and the lectutre from Chrissie Wellington has re-engaged a drive and determination (I fully recommend going and seeing her speak - SP2011).

Having a break due to a niggle in the hip flexor meant that I was alittle concerned over my swimming and cycling. It appears the cycling has taken the biggest hit but no where near as much as I had anticipated - so all is very very good. There appeared to be no change in my swim, if anything I am stronger for the 4 months of pull!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.