Tuesday 18 January 2011

With Feb approaching fast I am concentrating on getting back into a routine that is achievable for the long term. I don't feel it is prudent smashing a week hrs wise only to feel disapointed with yourself when you logistically cannot get near those hours again - as an agegrouper, other commitments have to sometime take priority.

I have been looking for additional swim sessions and CONSC have gladly obliged with my swim schedule looking like this (including dry land work):

Mon: 5:30 - 7:00
Tues: 1800 - 1900 (bands)
Wed: 5:30 - 7:00
2030 - 2130 (Sprint)
Thurs:19:30 - 20:30 (Core)
20:30 - 2130 (Distance set)
Sat: 0630 - 0800

Performance has been up and down recently which I think is in part due to the period your body gets used to new schedules and as a positive, the amount of quality time I am spending in the water. The most recent Thursday sets have started off pretty badly with 1500-2k being needed to swim the stiffness out of my shoulders but when achieved, I am leading swimmers who would have previously been difilcult to keep with - and Im doing this with drag shorts!

I have found the best use of the Drag shorts haqs been to swim sessions 50/50 wearing them for the 1st half. This gives me a boost mid session and also allows me to avoid the usual degredation of stroke which comes with fatigue.

I am looking to build to repeats off 1:20 and to push for that sub 60 P:B.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.