Tuesday 4 October 2011

Day 2 of new regime

Well, it started promisingly. A good and easy run as per schedule including 1 x 1k effort at under 4mins. Although the run itself felt tough on the calfs probably due to some harder efforts at the weekend after 4 weeks off is a minor inconvenience at this stage.

I am however feeling it a little this evening after two run sessions today so I am not heading out to my third session this week.

When I planned my schedule I expected to drop a few sessions in the first week so I am not concerned. I believe that you should build your route back into heavy training gradually so jumping from 3 swims a week back up to 20hrs is too steep at this stage.

A good evening's rest and an early morning swim/mid day run session/evening sprint set in store tomorrow - :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.