Wednesday 5 October 2011

Tough day at office (well lunch run to be clear)

2nd session of day was way off pace but at this stage of the off season Im not worried. It was really good to get a session in at lunch and I clocked up 11k or near enough on a Mild Mod Mad set. Wind was certainly out to test me and the legs were feeling heavy after the first week of training.

After a tough session early doors at the pool with the UEA Swim squad it took a while for the old pins to get going at lunch but a couple of sets felt pretty good (good but tough if you know what I mean).

Due to the wind I had to adjust the set to get 30s rest after each k instead of running of 4min turn arounds.

Once I get my legs back it should be business as usual.

:)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.