Monday 28 February 2011

When is a week off not a week off (from work!)

I decided to take a week off from work last week with the intention to train, rest, train and do some work on my house.

The week ended up including very little rest and an awful lot of 'active' recovery or 'cross training'.

I managed some very good bike sessions with Andy Attowe and some solid run sessions including 1mile efforts off 6 mins off a 5k warmup, 5k warm down.

The swim sessions went well and I even managed to get in some video analysis to be reviewed tomorrow night (I will go faster, smoother, longer...ooo err).

The active recovery or cross traininbg took the form of sanding wooden floors with a rotary sander - after 10 hrs of that I felt like Id completed an Ironman - one hell of a core and leg work out and it finished me for my planned saturday session and left me little in the legs for Sundays bike and Monday mornings swim set.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.