Tuesday 8 March 2011

New Toys :) :)

I love it when stuff arrives, especially out of the Blue (seventy) :).

New Helix for 2011, and Elite tri suit (which had it's first swim session, felt quick, comfortable and with just the right compression for me). The first feedback I had was that it was perhaps a little tight (ooo have I put weight on, surely not!!) but after a 90min swim I put this down to the fact I hadnt worn a suit for almost 6 months so the full body feeling was a little alien to start. This soon passed however. I will be wearing it again this week in preperation for racing in May (best to get used to things early).

Also in my goodies were some swim gloves which I had been itching to get my hands on (in) and some goggles which Id set my sights (groan) on last year when I friend of mine got a pair pre Masters Nationals. I race open water and pool in the same goggles which are advertised as pool goggles rather than the specific open water goggles with increased visability. Im not sure why I do this, probably a combination of being used to them and feeling fater and more like a swimmer rather than a triathlete with low profile race goggles. I also had the privelidge of racing at the 2009 European Champs where the race included a dive at 750m - not so much fun with big goggles!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
As an ex-National League Basketball player I took up triathlon as a development from cross training. I won my first Sprint distance race and placed second in my first Olympic distance. Since then I have raced the UK Elite Superseries coming 24th in the National Elite Champs, raced Vegas 70.3 WChamps and helped Paratriathlete Iain Dawson to World, European and National Titles. In 2011 I obtained Pro authorisation from the BTF and am pushing my development by stepping up to top level competition in 2012. Aside from this I am a L1 Swim and Tri coach and Professional Lloyds Broker.